Khon Buri (Thai: ครบุรี, pronounced [kʰɔ̄ːn bū.rīː]) is a district (amphoe) in the southern part of Nakhon Ratchasima Province, northeastern Thailand. Khon Buri in Thai language means 'origin of the river', which refers to one of tributaries of the Mun River passing through. In the past it was called Ban Khon Buri. When the town grew, it was changed to be "Mueang Khon" and then "Khon Buri". In 1907, this area was a minor district (king amphoe) of Chok Chai District. It was called King Amphoe Chae because the city centre was in Tambon Chae. As Tambon Khon Buri was very far from the center of Pak Thong Chai District, the government administered it together with Chae Sub-district in 1939. At the same time, it was officially upgraded to a full district and renamed to Khon Buri.